Without family voices, our schools and healthcare settings cannot succeed in providing excellent, equitable outcomes.
Parents often don’t know where to begin when it comes to advocating for their children in the school and hospital settings. Madvocator provides evidence-based training and services to families who want to improve relationships for better education and for safer, more effective healthcare.
In both the school and healthcare settings, family engagement leads to better outcomes. When families understand what true engagement looks like, they can participate and partner to a higher degree.
Madvocator’s school and healthcare advocacy programs help families build mutually beneficial relationships that promote the best outcomes for children.
Programs and Topics
- Healthcare Self-advocacy for African American Women
- Speaking Up for a Healthy Pregnancy
- Navigating Inequities in Healthcare
- Avenues to Effective Self-advocacy
- Managing Complex Care at Home
- From Parent to Advocate: Success in school
- Step Up: Preparing for Family Leadership Roles
- Wheelchair Safety for Kids and Families
- Hospital Safety for Kids and Families
Educational Advocacy Courses for Families
Madvocator’s programs for families focus on communication, engagement, problem solving, and collaboration with schools.
Family Advocate Network
Online four-session parent academy that focuses on communication, engagement and collaboration to meet the needs of diverse learners
Parent involvement course and tools for K-12 parents that focuses on how and why parent engagement is crucial to educational success
Healthcare Advocacy Courses for Families
Madvocator’s family health advocacy programs focus on:
- Communication and engagement
- Care management
- Effective navigation of complex systems
- Reducing health disparities
- Improving health literacy
By changing the way families think and participate in healthcare, we help families work for equitable quality, safety and experience outcomes in the healthcare setting.
Home Care CEO
Healthcare advocacy training for families managing complex care at home, with a focus on learning, communication, reducing medical errors, and increasing engagement